Monday, September 28, 2009

Haiku for You!

Guess what! With the demise of Word Catalyst magazine where I served as story editor, my time is free to post to my blog again. And now, I offer some haiku for you. I pulled these from my journal, randomly expressed, unrelated.


Times rushes past me
thumping, gasping, short of breath
leaving me behind.

January growls
while February looks back
at that windy glare.

Sun rays inviting
sultry flashes in between
or just a mirage

Thoughts glide like ships pass
sails ballooning with ideas
tenuous as air.

Drooping limbs dragging
verdant life yawns and leans back
blackening the night.

With bright-eyed laughter
a troubled soul shares its pain
outlined in black pen.

Distant voices chime
dowsing my thoughts with gold dust
born on winds from home.


Copyright 2009 JO Janoski

5 comments:

  1. So glad to see you posting again Jo, your haiku are wonderful! I like the first one especially! Sorry to hear of Word Catalyst! Do you post your poetry on facebook too! Just wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have been just linking on Facebook to over here at the blog. Oops, you know what, I forgot to link this one...[rushing to do so]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Haiku poetry - it flow so easily and helps organize thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, Waterfall Rainbow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try linking my post to facebook as well.

    ReplyDelete