Wednesday, October 14, 2009

From My Journal...

October 14. 2009:

This morning I toasted whole wheat bread to make toast. I eat whole wheat because experts tell me it is healthy. I spread it with an equally wholesome omega spread and finally smear on the good stuff, apple butter. The apple butter makes the rest palatable. I rushed around; I slept late this morning. My body rhythms are screaming to turn back the clocks, but these days we have to wait until November to conserve energy -- longer days for an extended period of time. In the old days, we turned them back in October and didn't care about conserving. That felt right. October turnback to me is as fundamental as salt and pepper or the ABC's. But what do I know? I'm not an expert.

Maybe I'm not using my head right. My Dad used to tease us kids by saying that. "You're not using your head right!" I remember the first time he said it to my husband, "Ronnie, you're not using your head right." When he said it, I smiled inside...

5 comments:

  1. Now I know what my trouble is. What does one do when they aren't using their head right, Jo? This made me chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure even my dad knew. His dry humor was a joy when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know sometimes I dont use my mind because my mind wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom was the same way Jo, she always said use your brain! It was so cute, because she had her asian accent. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo

    My father would say the same thing. Use your head. I can still hear him say it . Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete