Sunday, September 14, 2008

Alone Again




Alone Again
Alone again, walking barren streets,
rain-glistened pavements,
giggling water drops dancing around me
in rivulets
laughing back at my misery
all happy to be set free
from disagreeable black clouds.
Droplets on the move, rippling in excitement
drenching my shoes in merry slobber
as they go rolling on ahead of me
happily clamoring a perky rhythm
on windows and rooftops
before toppling to ground
to make happy water mobs in motion.
At least the rain has somewhere to go.
I don't.

Copyright 2008 JO Janoski


8 comments:

  1. the end is my favorite--very good

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create a very gloomy day here Jo! Hey how did you like the wind last night, crazy huh! We just covered the pool, and hoped our new cover wouldn't get ripped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scot, thank you! Are you going to Bob's this weekend? If so, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, that wind was something else. Lots of limbs blown off the trees, no alltel dsl internet in the morning. Then it came on, and then the phone lines went totally dead--no voice or internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for some, no port in the storm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excuse me Jo but you DO have somewhere to go and you had best be there! I'm looking forward to meeting you. See you Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley,
    I can't wait!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:51 AM

    wonderful ending! But I feel we all have someplace to go, and it's but a decision away! :)

    I Love Rain!

    ReplyDelete