Saturday, July 16, 2005

Coffee is the Best Medicine...
The Strange Happenings in a Coffee Shop...
July 16, 2005

Me, pretty? I wondered if the guy was nuts. I'm 56 years old and hardly a beauty queen.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked.

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Sorry, fella! But I'm a married woman." 

Rose leaned over and whispered in my ear. "It doesn't matter to him." She pursed her lips and made a funny face to indicate the fellow was, well, a little strange.

"I still think you're pretty." It was him again.

Anxious to change the subject and to possibly escape from Alfred, I directed my next remark to Rose. "Could I show you something in the restroom?" I asked.

"Sure can!" Alfred responded.

"I wasn't talking to you, Alfred!"

"She wasn't talking to you, Alfred!" Brenda had come over and now repeated my comment. Her wide smile indicated she relished delivering the news.

I broke in. "If you'll excuse Rose and me, WE'RE going to the restroom so I can show her something."

"That doesn't sound very good," Butch, the big guy, said.

"No, we're not going for anything...distasteful," I hissed. "I just want to show Rose something I don't understand.

They all stared at me in silence.

"I mean I want to show her something I found in there."

"I'm not sure I want to go with you," Rose said.

I wasn't making much progress...

To be Continued

Copyright 2005 JO Janoski

1 comment:

  1. What in the world is going on in that restroom? LOL

    ReplyDelete