Friday, April 10, 2009

Train Tracks



Dusty roads intruded with train track snakes,
metal trails zing with somber glints of steel.
A man stands aloft balanced on one heel,
poised to perish with locomotion shakes.

A train comes rumbling just along the lakes,
roaring smoking thunder riding on wheels.
Dusty roads intruded with train track snakes,
metal trails zing with somber glints of steel.

What tragedy that roar leaves in its wake
as flesh and bones their weaknesses reveal.
Hearts cannot withstand angry pounding steel
on saddened men with souls inclined to break.
Dusty roads intruded with train track snakes.

Copyright 2009 JO Janoski



5 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,

    I couldn't imagine suicide on the train tracks. The thought of it hurting so bad even for a moment. I liked your line:
    "on saddened men with souls inclined to break."

    It hurts me to think of all the saddness in their minds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the poem was inspired by a local story on the news where a guy was hit by a train, no suicide implied in the reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm convinced that watching a train baring down on you would be more painful than impact.
    Jo, I like the repetition of
    "Dusty roads intruded with train track snakes"

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother lived near a train track. At night laying is bed I would love to hear it noise as it passed by

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very lonely sound, isn't it, or maybe just a worldly one, people going places...it's definitely a sound with personality. Am I rambling again?

    ReplyDelete