Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Won an Award!


I was presented this award from Fenny at Fenny's Bla Bla Blog. I need to list three things that I think make writing good and powerful before I pass it along to five other people:


The following aspects of writing make it good and powerful:

1. Relating to the reader by painting substance and color to life with words, in particular, the reader's life.

2. Making ordinary aspects of life seem extraordinary.

3. Pulling even the elusive reader into the flock of humanity to celebrate our common journey.


And now, I present the award to these five people:

Dan at Poetic Justice
Guy Hogan at Flash Fiction
Terry at Shamgar Report
Karen Heywood's Poetry
Ozymandiaz at Ocellus

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 PM

    Jo, I've never received an award before for my writing. I truly believe flash fiction is the cutting edge of literature. Thank you so very, very much.

    The Old Soldier--

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Guy! You are quite deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jo, and also to those you chose to include.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jo, I am truly honored. It is wonderful thing to have the recognition of ones peers. The only other award I have ever recieved was for being a comment whore...
    not quite the same thing, nice, but not the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bubba,
    I wanted to do you...I mean...give you one...well, anyway, Billy beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ozy,
    A comment whore? I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jo, for doing me. Knowing you wanted Bob first makes me a little jealous. At this moment I'm feeling a little cheap. Oh well, getting done is getting done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dan, lol. Poor Bob! He should be jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jo for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:41 PM

    What you are describing is what every would-be writer needs to know, but what is sometimes so difficult to explain: the art of "showing", not "telling".

    ReplyDelete